What is Chlorine ?

Chlorine is the most common chemical used by municipalities around the world to make water safe to drink. Almost all municipal treatment plants in North America use chlorine for primary or secondary disinfection. Chlorine can form cancerous by-products with certain organic compounds present in water. In addition chlorine renders an offensive taste and odour to water and to beverages made from such water. Coffee and tea tastes much better when chlorine is removed from water. Many people have reported to be allergic to chlorine in the water.

Chlorine from drinking water can be effectively reduced by activated carbon filter cartridges. All Rainfresh Drinking Water Systems reduce chlorine effectively. For whole house reduction of chlorine , Rainfresh CCF systems are recommended.